Vodka Sauced Mac n Cheese
I'd been dreaming about marrying two of my favorite dishes Vodka sauce and mac n cheese. This dish can be played with, the ingredients altered just like a grilled cheese.
Vodka Sauced Mac N Cheese
- 1 lb Cavatappi Pasta
- 1/2 C heavy cream
- 1 28 oz Can of diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 vidalia onion
- 1 C Vodka
- 1/2 C Pecorino Romano cheese + more for topping
- 1/2 C Fontina cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- This is a loose and fast recipe. There are no strict rules but things should be done in the right order. Use whatever type of tomatoes you wish as well as cheese and pasta type. I would definitely choose a cheese that melts well when ingredient shopping.
- I used mozzarella cheese because it was what I had on hand and needed to use up but it doesn’t melt well so I would recommend Fontina or perhaps smoked gouda if you’re looking for a smokier flavor.
- Really any kind of tomatoes will work especially if you’re using an immersion blender, if you’re not crushed are best !